Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Epiphany

I came to a conclusion today. The world of cloth diapers is scary to those who are looking at embarking on the green road of cloth diapering. I decided to cloth diaper before my son was born, but I thought the world of cloth diapering was Gerber Prefolds/Flats, those plastic panties, and pins. But once I started my search for information on cloth diapering I realized that it is so much more. Needless to say I was confused, overwhelmed, and excited all at the same time. It would have been nice if my husband had been on board from the start, but I think he was indulging me during the research phase. I'm fairly sure he thought I'd give up, though, he was intrigued by those magic words when I said, "Honey, we could save a lot of money, that's money you could be spending on video games." Had he known then what he knows now he may have set his foot down and said no, because researching and shopping for cloth diapers and all things fluffy has become a quiet obsession of mine.

If you are in the same place that I was when I first started, not only is your spouse most likely thinking you are crazy, but so are your co-workers. I am pretty sure that their nay saying is one thing that spurs me on and keeps me in the cloth when I think it would be so much easier to put J (my son) into Huggies today. So know, you are not alone. There is a world of crunchy mommas and papas out there just like you.

I plan on writing from my experience and the diapers that I choose to use as my son grows up. Right now he is 2 months old so we are in the newborn stage. What makes me an expert? Absolutely nothing. I am in this learning boat with you and other mommas like you. Looking to save money where I can. Join me on this journey with hopefully more success stories than failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment